Welcome to Quilt Potpourri, the official website of Maretha Fourie.
Welcome to the world of isometric quilt making. This is represented on the cover page of my book Quilt Potpourri: a mixture of 60° triangle, diamond and hexagon patterned quilts.
My book, Quilt Potpourri, is as far as I know the first book that explores the secrets and potential of the equilateral triangle that can be as popular as the square. Quilt Potpourri enables the quilter to create a great variety of original and contemporary patterns including the ever popular hexagon.
My favourite inspirational field for life and quilt making is nature. I chose six petalled flowers as my point of departure. This was mapped onto isometric graph paper as a six pointed star and re-interpreted in fabric for a wall quilt. My book Quilt Potpourri is available in English and Afrikaans concentrating on the geometric triangular family of quilts:
- with different lay-outs, shapes and styles
- richly illustrated with colourful photos and hand coloured drawings
- containing a complete understanding of how isometric patterns are
- designed and adjusted for a wide variety of quilts and colourcompilations
- serving all quilt makers regardless of their field of interest
- inspiring the seasoned quilter as well as the novice.