Welcome to Quilt Potpourri, the official website of Maretha Fourie.
Welcome to the world of isometric quilt making. This is represented on the cover page of my book Quilt Potpourri: a mixture of 60° triangle, diamond and hexagon patterned quilts.
My book, Quilt Potpourri, is as far as I know the first book that explores the secrets and potential of the equilateral triangle that can be as popular as the square. Quilt Potpourri enables the quilter to create a great variety of original and contemporary patterns including the ever popular hexagon.
My favourite inspirational field for life and quilt making is nature. I chose six petalled flowers as my point of departure. This was mapped onto isometric graph paper as a six pointed star and re-interpreted in fabric for a wall quilt. My book Quilt Potpourri is available in English and Afrikaans concentrating on the geometric triangular family of quilts:
- with different lay-outs, shapes and styles
- richly illustrated with colourful photos and hand coloured drawings
- containing a complete understanding of how isometric patterns are
- designed and adjusted for a wide variety of quilts and colourcompilations
- serving all quilt makers regardless of their field of interest
- inspiring the seasoned quilter as well as the novice.
To buy the online version go to the shop page. To purchase the hard copy of the book, go to About and follow the instructions on the Hard Copy Instructions page.